« Home | What exactly are cats? » | salted fish is in the air.. » | flowers galore. » | Don't ever name your child 'Tetek'. » | okayyyyyy..... » | slept so well.. » | smoke reds for a shit. » | geographers!! here i come!! » | when i grow up » | CREAMin' it »

Honk if you love Jesus..

Grandma writes,

The other day I went to the local Christian book store
and saw a honk if you love Jesus bumper sticker.
I was feeling particularly sassy that day because I had
just come from a thrilling choir practice, followed
by a thunderous prayer meeting, so I bought the
sticker and put it on my bumper.

On my way home I was stopped at a red light at a
busy intersection, just lost in the thought about the
Lord and how good He is. I didn't notice the light
had changed.

It's a good thing someone else loves Jesus because
if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed.
I found that lots of people love Jesus.

Why ?

Well, while I was sitting there, the guy behind me
started honking like crazy, and then he leaned
out and screamed, "for the love of God, Go! Go!"
What a cheerleader he was for Jesus.

Everyone started honking !
I just leaned out my window and started waving
and smiling at all these loving people. I even
honked my horn a few times to share in the love.
I saw one guy waving with only his middle finger
stuck up in the air. When I asked my teenage
grandson in the back seat what that meant, he
said it was probably a Hawaiian good luck sign
or something. So I leaned out and gave him the
good luck sign back. My grandson burst out
laughing, even he was enjoying this religious
experience right along with me.

A couple of people were so caught up in the joy
they got out of their cars and started toward me.
I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I
attended, but this is when I noticed the light
had changed...

So, I waved to all my sisters and brothers, and
drove on through the intersection. I noticed I
was the only car that got through before the light
changed again and I felt kind of sad that I had to
leave after all the love we had shared.

So, I slowed my car down , learned out my window
and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign
one last time as I drove away.

Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks !

Love, Grandma....

PPP Direct I adopted a cute lil' mouse fetus from Fetusmart! Hooray fetus!